An effective brand is crucial for any business. It can assist you to stand out among your competitors, attract more customers and help you build a loyal customer base. But creating a solid brand can be challenging. According to Bloom, 8 out of 10 businesses fail in their first 18 months.
The main reason is lack of understanding on how to boost your brand’s awareness. Many businesses are in a brand confusion state. They require a compelling story, a brand journey, and a genuine brand identity.
The key to building a compelling brand is consistency in messaging, product quality, and across all of your marketing materials. Below are 10 strategies that mention ways you can boost your brand’s awareness.
10 ways to Boost Your Brand’s Awareness
There are a number of ways to boost your brand awareness. Here are 10 of the most effective that you can try in Singapore.
1. Implementation of Digital Marketing Strategies
Implementing a digital marketing strategy requires knowing what you want to achieve, where your target market is, and what competitors are doing. It also requires understanding how much money and time are available for implementation.
What do I want? This question may sound obvious, but getting it right before moving forward with any other aspect of the process is essential. If there’s no clear goal in mind, then all efforts will be spent on activities that don’t lead anywhere or aren’t relevant anymore when they should be focused elsewhere instead!
Where can I find my target audience? There are many ways of reaching out digitally. Still, none would work without understanding where those people hang out online. Whether it’s Facebook groups related (e-commerce businesses) or online fashion portals.
Your research should include looking at forums like Reddit, following influencers on Instagram, checking out Pinterest boards featuring similar products… anything that might help uncover some exciting leads about where potential buyers congregate online!
2. Social Media Advertising
Social media advertising effectively targets your audience and makes your brand irresistible to your customers. It’s also a cost-effective way to get noticed by your target audiences in the right places at the right time.
Platforms like Facebook provide you with tools to choose who sees your ads based on gender, age, and location to target potential customers precisely. And because social media users are already familiar with these platforms (or at least aware enough), this audience is more likely to consume the content we offer than other viewers who may not have heard about you.
3. Word of Mouth Marketing
The term “word of mouth marketing” was first coined by Thomas J. Watson, Sr., the former CEO of IBM. He said, “I’ve learned that people buy from people they know, like, and trust.”
Word of Mouth is one of the organic ways to spread your brand in front of new audiences. It’s also one of the toughest to control, so you must take advantage of it whenever possible.
Encourage reviews: Reviews help potential customers realise how good products are before they buy them–and they also help existing customers see why other consumers liked a particular product so much!
To encourage reviews:
- Offer discounts on future purchases when writing a review
- Include links within emails sent out regularly (e., newsletters)
- Include details such as “Leave us feedback!” under each product listing page on an eCommerce website
The most effective way to generate word of mouth is to create a great product or service. If your product or service is truly amasing, people will naturally want to talk about it with their friends and family.
4. Brand Awareness Through Referral
A referral is the most efficient way to build brand awareness which can be done through word of mouth or social media. You can also create referral programs that incentivise buyers to refer your brand to friends and family.
To create a successful referral marketing program, you should:
- Offer a valuable incentive: The incentive you offer should be valuable enough to motivate your customers to refer their friends and family to your brand.
- Make it easy to refer: The process of referring someone to your brand should be easy and straightforward.
- Track your results: You should track the results of your referral marketing program to see how it is performing.
5. Hiring a Branding Agency
Hiring a branding agency is a smart way to boost your brand’s awareness. A branding agency can help you with everything from developing a new logo to creating content and detailed marketing campaigns that resonate with your audience.
If you’re considering hiring a branding agency, here are some points to keep in mind while making this decision:
- What kind of services does this agency offer? What do they specialise in? Can they meet my needs, or am I better off hiring multiple agencies for different tasks?
- How much will it cost me per project/per hour etc.? Most agencies charge by the hour, so understand how much each service costs before signing on!
6. Connecting with Bloggers and Influencers
Social media is a great way to reach your target audience and build a brand, but there’s another avenue you can take as well: bloggers and influencers.
Bloggers are people with blogs who write about topics they’re passionate about, while influencers are people with large followings on social media (think YouTube stars). Both can help spread your message to their followers in ways that traditional advertising cannot.
Here are some tips on how to find bloggers and influencers to increase your brand:
- Be clear about your expectations. When you’re working with a blogger or influencer, it’s important to be clear about your expectations. What do you want them to do to promote your brand? How often do you want them to promote your brand? What content do you want them to create?
- Be responsive. When a blogger or influencer reaches out to you, be sure to respond promptly. This shows that you’re interested in working with them and that you value their time.
- Be respectful. Bloggers and influencers are busy people. Be respectful of their time and their boundaries. Don’t be pushy or demanding.
- Be grateful. When a blogger or influencer promotes your brand, be sure to thank them. A simple thank-you note can go a long way.
7. Create Consistent and Engaging Content
Here are three factors to remember when creating content:
- Content should be engaging for the audience but also relevant to them.
- Make sure it’s easy to find what they’re looking for and see how it can help them or their business grow in some way, shape, or form.
- Ensure the information is up-to-date so people understand what’s current. Also, make sure all of your pages link back into one another seamlessly to where you’re directing visitors when clicking on links within each piece of content.
8. Invest in the Design of Your Website
Good website design is critical to the success of your brand. It’s about how consumers interact with the site more than how it looks. It takes 0.05 seconds for people to form an opinion about your website.
The first step in creating a compelling website is choosing an experienced designer who understands your business goals and target audience. You’ll want someone who knows what features are most important for attracting visitors (such as clear calls to action) and ensuring they have a smooth and enjoyable experience while browsing through the pages of your site.
Next comes consistency across all platforms, like laptops and mobile-friendly devices like smartphones. This means the website’s design and appeal should remain constant across all touchpoints.
9. Promote your products at events and conferences
Promote your products at events and conferences. Conferences are an excellent way to connect with potential customers, build relationships with influencers, and get exposure for your brand.
You can give away free product samples at the event booth or table. This will help people get familiar with what you’re selling, which is especially useful if it’s something they’ve never heard of before (like an innovative new product). If they like the product, they will want to know more about this and where they find it online or locally.
Then there is a good chance these people become loyal customers who return and tell their friends about it too!
10. Design an email marketing campaign that converts
The first thing to do is recognise who your target audience is. Once you know that, start thinking about what your target audience wants and how it can benefit from your offer. According to Oberlo, email is the most effective marketing channel, with an ROI of $40 for every $1 spent.
Once you’ve identified the right people, it’s time to create some compelling content. Your emails should be easy-to-read and digestible–no long paragraphs here! Users spend, on average, 10 seconds reading brand emails, so make your content short and engaging.
Finally, make sure that every single email has a clear CTA so that people know what action they should take next (e.g., “click here” or “sign up”). And remember: always include an unsubscribe button in case anyone wants out!
Learn How to Boost Your Brand’s Awareness
Interested in learning how to boost your brand online? Enroll in Vertical Institute’s Digital Marketing Course in Singapore today! We offer a beginner-friendly course that will teach you everything you need to know about promoting your brand online. Course cover SEO, Social Media Marketing, Content Marketing, Analytics and more.
About Vertical Institute
Vertical Institute prepares individuals for the jobs of tomorrow. We specialise in teaching in-demand skills, building the next generation of changemakers and inventors through our world-class tech courses and certifications.