Data Analytics Bootcamp
Make use of the COVID downturn to learn a new in-demand skill.
Up to 90% IBF Funding & SkillsFuture Credits Claimable.
Data Analytics Skills Command A Salary Premium
Data is now an integral part of every business. To thrive in today’s business landscape, it is crucial to learn how to leverage data to make critical business decisions.
Learn industry tools: Excel, SQL and Tableau to analyse large real-world datasets and create data dashboards and visualisations to share your findings.
Our graduates from this bootcamp have come from GIC, GovTech, LinkedIn, JP Morgan, UBS, Citibank, Oracle, Lazada, ExxonMobil, and more.
Why Learn Data Analytics?
Highly in Demand
The local demand for data analysts has seen rapid growth.
High Demand = High Pay
A data analyst is highly in demand globally and paid competitively.
Flexible Job Paths
Data analysts can find jobs virtually any industry.
Vertical Institute is accredited by the Institute of Banking and Finance (IBF) as an IBF-STS Accredited Training Provider.
Eligible Singaporeans & PRs can obtain up to 90% funding support for our IBF-accredited courses.
Vertical Institute’s Data Analytics Bootcamp is designed to equip individuals with the most in-demand skills and best practices in data analytics. Participants will culminate their learning by developing a capstone project to solve a real-world data problem in the fintech industry. This course is suitable for beginners. No prior background or prerequisite is required.
What to expect?
- Learn new concepts and tools through expert-led lectures, discussions, assignments and project work
- Apply what you’ve learned to create a capstone project solving a real-world data problem
- Receive individualised feedback and support from your instructional team
- Be part of the VI community where members can leverage connections with alumni, instructors and experts
As a VI student, you will be given access to online learning materials in our e-learning portal.
To get you ready for learning, this essential pre-work will familiarize you with the basics of the key concepts and tools we will be using throughout the course.
Although you will learn these topics remotely before you arrive in class, you won’t be far away from the resources of the VI community. Make use of our Telegram channel to leverage connections with students, alumni, instructors and experts. At the end of your pre-work, you’ll be ready for the fast pace on campus!
After the course, you can choose to participate in follow-up sessions with your instructor, either in a group and/or individually, included as part of the course fee.
Module 1: Data Analysis & Excel Fundamentals
- Introduction To The Course
- The Data Analysis Process
- Introduction To Data Visualization
- Pre-attentive vs Attentive Processing
- Good And Bad Visualisation Practices
- Data Referencing, Aggregation And Analysis With Excel
- Pivot Table
- Pivot Chart
Module 2: Introduction to SQL & Databases
- Introduction To SQL & Databases
- Database Connection
- SQL Syntax
- SQL Aggregation Functions
- Count, Sum, Group By, Having and Where
Module 3: SQL Fundamentals
- Combining Data in SQL
- JOIN Function
- Inner, Outer, Left, Right and Full JOINS
- UNION Function
- Applying SQL Functions
- String, Math & Date Functions
- Using Logic In SQL
- Conditional Expressions
Module 4: Data Visualization Fundamentals
- Introduction To Data Visualization
- Data Visualisation Tools In The Industry
- Introduction to Tableau
- Charts & Table Calculations
- Bar Chart
- Quick Table Calculations
- Line Chart
- Area Chart
Module 5: Data Analysis With Tableau
- Data Analysis Techniques With Tableau
- Segmentation Analysis
- Groups, Sets
- Difference between Groups & Sets
- Combine Sets
- Investment Scenario & What-If Analysis
Module 6: Dashboards & Storytelling With Tableau
- Dashboard Creation & Storytelling
- Investment Analysis Dashboard
- Create Maps
- Interactive Dashboards
- Table Calculations
Module 7: Advanced Tableau & Capstone Project
- Advanced Analytics With Tableau
- Data Blending
- Scatter Plot Animation
- Level Of Detail (LOD)
- Tableau Server
- Capstone Project Discussion
The Capstone Project
Participants will be required to address a data-related problem using a financial dataset. You will acquire a real-world dataset, then prepare, clean, and analyze it to draw meaningful conclusions.
The individual capstone project will culminate your learning by applying the new tools and concepts learnt to create a report that includes:
- A summary of the data acquisition, cleaning, and parsing stages.
- A clear visualization or dashboard that displays insights both numerically and graphically.
- A description of high-level insights and resulting actions that are relevant to key stakeholders.
Head of Business Intelligence @ Ant Financial
MSc in Knowledge Management & B.Eng
Nanyang Technological University
Analyst @ Google
Masters in IT Business (Analytics) & BAcc
Singapore Management University
Analytics Consultant @ SIFT Analytics
Bachelor of Engineering
Singapore University of Technology & Design
Data Scientist @ Standard Chartered
Masters in Computing, B.Sc
National University of Singapore
Upcoming Course Schedules
The bootcamp consists of 7 lessons with each lesson lasting 3 hours long. Classes will be conducted virtually, done face-to-face with our Instructor via Zoom. You will have intimate access to our instructional team that’s ready to answer your questions and a strong peer community.
Course Fee & Government Subsidies
|For classes commencing after 1st January 2022|
|Full Course Fee||$2,500|
|Course Fee After 80% IBF Funding||$500 nett (for Singaporeans aged below 40 years and all PRs)|
|Course Fee After 90% IBF Funding||$250 nett (for Singaporeans aged 40 years and above)|
*All Singaporeans aged 25 years old and above can use their SkillsFuture Credits to offset the remaining $250 or $500 after funding.
IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS)
This programme has been accredited under the IBF Standards, and is eligible for funding under the IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS), subject to all eligibility criteria being met.
Find out more on www.ibf.org.sg.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Is there funding support available?
Yes, there is up to 90% funding support from The Institute of Banking & Finance (IBF) for our IBF-accredited programmes:
- P210816IRN – Data Analytics Bootcamp
- P210806QMF – Data Science Bootcamp
- P210802XCG – User Experience Design Bootcamp
The IBF Standards Training Scheme (“IBF-STS”) provides funding for training and assessment programmes accredited under the Skills Framework for Financial Services.
For our training programmes that are IBF-accredited, eligible Singaporeans & PRs may receive funding support under the IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS), subjected to all eligibility criteria being met.
For more information on the funding support, please visit: https://www.ibf.org.sg/programmes/Pages/IBF-STS.aspx
Q. Can I use SkillsFuture Credits to offset the remaining course fee after funding?
Yes. For self-sponsored Singaporeans aged 25 years old and above, you can use your SkillsFuture Credits to offset the remaining course fee after funding.
After you have registered for a course, a VI representative will reach out to guide you with the SkillsFuture Credits claim application.
Q. Who is eligible for funding support?
All Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs) that are physically based in Singapore and successfully complete the course, are eligible for up to 90% IBF funding support.
Company-sponsored participants have to:
- Be from Financial Institutions that are regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) (either licensed / exempted from licensing) or Fintech companies that are registered with the Singapore Fintech Association.
- Be a Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident (PR) that is physically based in Singapore
- Successfully complete the course (including passing the assessment)
Q. How do I obtain funding support?
This funding support works on a nett fee model. This means that participants only need to pay the unfunded portion of the course fees. This nett fee can be 100% paid with your SkillsFuture Credits.
You must be a Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident (PR) that is physically based in Singapore. You will only need to pay the course fees minus the funding support. For example, if you are eligible for 90% funding support, you will only be paying S$250 nett, which can be paid with your SkillsFuture Credits.
You must be a Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident (PR) that is physically based in Singapore and working in an eligible company:
- Financial Institutions that are regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) (either licensed / exempted from licensing)
- Fintech companies that are registered with the Singapore Fintech Association
Your company will pay the course fees minus the funding support. For example, if you are eligible for 90% funding support, the company will be paying S$250 nett for company-sponsored participants.
Eligible companies will further be able to claim the remaining course fees after funding with the Training Allowance Grant (TAG) (S$10/hour of eligible training and assessment hours).
Q. Are there requirements for funding support?
For you to receive funding support, please take note of the following:
- Minimum of 75% attendance (this means that you must attend at least 6 out of 7 lessons)
- Pass the Capstone Project Assessment
Q. Are there any pre-requisites for this course?
This program is suitable for beginners with no pre-requisites.
Q. Is there a certificate granted at the end of the course?
Upon successful completion of this IBF-accredited course, participants will be awarded a digital certificate by Vertical Institute. VI alumni use their course certificate to demonstrate skills to employers and their LinkedIn network.
Our programmes are well-regarded by top companies, who contribute to our curriculum and use our courses to train their own teams.
Q. What is Tableau?
Tableau is one of the most powerful and fastest growing data visualization tools used in the Business Intelligence industry. It helps in simplifying raw data into easily understandable formats to derive actionable results. It is becoming one of the most useful tools for any business organization.
It has an easy to use drag and drop interface to build beautiful visualizations easily and in a short amount of time. Visit the Tableau Public Gallery to see beautiful real world projects by Tableau users.
Q. What is SQL?
Vertical Institute is the official training partner of the Government Technology Agency of Singapore, upskilling the government’s workforce with in-demand tech skills.
Instructors & Students from