Learn digital marketing skills for Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Google (SEO, SEM) and more from expert digital marketers in Singapore.
Digital Marketing skills are highly in-demand by employers
Digital Marketing is now an integral part of every business. To thrive in today’s business landscape, it is crucial to learn how to leverage digital marketing to drive business performance.
In our comprehensive end-to-end bootcamp, participants will gain skills in SEO, SEM, paid social strategies (Facebook / Instagram / TikTok), email marketing, and much more. By the end of the course, you will be able to implement digital marketing strategies in your organization, or embark on a career as a digital marketer.
Digital Marketing Course Details
Vertical Institute’s Digital Marketing course in Singapore will explore everything you need to know about digital marketing: social media, Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Search Engine Marketing (SEM), Google Analytics, content marketing, email marketing, and more. Participants will gain hands-on experience by executing their own digital marketing campaign – while receiving expert guidance.
✓ This digital marketing course is beginner-friendly. No prior background or experience is required.
✓ Gain an accredited Digital Marketing Certification in Singapore.
What to expect?
- Learn new concepts and tools through expert-led lectures, discussions, assignments and project work
- Apply what you’ve learned in real-world setting
- Dedicated career support and matching with hiring partners New
- Receive individualised feedback and support from your instructional team
- Be part of the VI community where members can leverage connections with alumni, instructors and experts
Course Fee & Government Subsidies
Digital Marketing Course Schedules
3 hours each lesson
1 Instructor and 2-3
As a VI student, you will be given access to online learning materials in our e-learning portal.
To get you ready for learning, this essential pre-work will familiarize you with the basics of the key concepts and tools we will be using throughout the course.
Although you will learn these topics remotely before you arrive in class, you won’t be far away from the resources of the VI community. Make use of our Telegram channel to leverage connections with students, alumni, instructors and experts. At the end of your pre-work, you’ll be ready for the fast pace on campus!
After the course, you can choose to participate in follow-up sessions with your instructor, either in a group and/or individually, included as part of the course fee.
Module 1: Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Digital marketing overview and statistics
- How marketing has evolved overtime
- Introduction to digital marketing trifecta
- Introduction to A.I.D.A. marketing framework
- Case study of single and multi channel digital marketing touch points of a fintech business with customers
- Introduction to key concepts to a integrated digital marketing strategy in a digital world today
- Explore a customer’s digital foot print and touch points with a financial related business today
- Discuss and explore S.M.A.R.T. social media and digital marketing goals for a financial related business
- Map a digital marketing campaign with A.I.D.A framework
Module 2: Organic Social Media Marketing Strategies (Facebook, Instagram and TikTok)
- Facebook marketing organic strategies
- The rise of Facebook Live
- Instagram marketing organic strategies
- Introduction to TikTok Marketing and platform’s Organic Strategies for Growth
- Content pillar ideas based on social media platform
- Discuss the pros and cons of the 3 social media marketing platforms
- Plan and propose a hashtag research and strategy, insights and analytics for an Instagram Post
- Create a social media post based on A.I.D.A framework
Module 3: Paid Social Media Strategies (Facebook, Instagram and TikTok)
- Paid Social Media Strategies (Facebook, Instagram and TikTok)
- Why paid social media advertising is essential for businesses
- Introduction to S.M.A.R.T. social media advertising objectives
- Introduction to Return on Advertising Spend (ROAS)
- Case study of how we can use social media to generate leads
- Plan and calculate your campaign’s ROI/ROAS
- Create a Social Media advertisement campaign
Module 4: Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Content Marketing
- Introduction to SEO tools
- SEO best practices
- Introduction to Google Search Console
- Repurposing content for the different social media platforms
- The role of good content in marketing
- Explore the difference between Social Media and SEO content marketing
- Introduction to Content Ideation Tools
- Research, identify and propose 4 social media content ideas
- Research and propose 3 SEO keyword and long tail blog / article content ideas
Module 5: Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Google analytics
- Introduction to planning for a paid search campaign
- Landing pages vs website for paid search campaign
- Introduction to Google analytics
- Build a landing page
- Identify Google analytics metrics and goals
Module 6: Email Marketing
- Email marketing best practices
- Email marketing tools, reports and case studies
- Lead generation techniques, growing your email database
- Nurturing potential customers with email automations
- Create a pop-up or form for lead generation purposes
- Create an email marketing campaign
Module 7: Measurement and Testing
- Introduction to PDPC’s PDPA policy
- How Facebook and Instagram A/B Testing Ad works
- Reporting on Facebook and Instagram Ad Campaign Insights
- Reporting on Google Ad Campaign Insights i.e. CPC, CPA, etc
- Conclusion and wrap up of 7 lessons
- Identify and implement for your organization’s and/or digital marketing department
- Identify Facebook and Instagram Ad metrics that matter
- Identify Google Ad metrics that matter
- Capstone Project discussion
Digital Marketing Expert
Business Mentor, National University Singapore
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Digital Marketing?
“Business owners and entrepreneurs who want their business to remain relevant and competitive in today’s tech-forward world must consider digitising quickly – starting with an online presence.”
– The Straits Times, 12 Jan 2022
Digital and mobile technology coupled with the explosive global adoption of social media has fundamentally changed the way businesses connect with their customers. Though traditional marketing methods are still utilised, digital marketing such as search engines and social media is fast becoming the dominant tool for marketers.
As the digital landscape continues to evolve, it is essential for marketers to familiarise themselves with the key technologies underlying digital marketing, as well as learn how an effective digital strategy can enable a business to thrive in this dynamic environment.
Are there course fee subsidies available?
Yes, there is up to 90% funding support from The Institute of Banking & Finance (IBF) for our IBF-accredited programmes:
The IBF Standards Training Scheme (“IBF-STS”) provides funding for training and assessment programmes accredited under the Skills Framework for Financial Services.
For our training programmes that are IBF-accredited, eligible Singaporeans & PRs may receive funding support under the IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS), subjected to all eligibility criteria being met.
For more information on the funding support, please visit: https://www.ibf.org.sg/programmes/Pages/IBF-STS.aspx
Who is eligible for IBF funding support?
All Singaporeans or Singapore Permanent Residents (PRs) that are physically based in Singapore and successfully complete the course will be eligible.
How do I obtain IBF funding support? Do I need to pay the full fee first?
This funding support works on a nett fee model. This means that participants only need to pay the remaining course fees after IBF funding. This nett fee can be fully paid with your SkillsFuture Credits.
You must be a Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident (PR) that is physically based in Singapore. You will only need to pay the course fees minus the funding support. For example, if you are eligible for 90% funding support, you will only be paying S$280.50 nett.
You must be a Singaporean or Singapore Permanent Resident (PR) that is physically based in Singapore and working in an eligible company:
- Financial Institutions that are regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) (either licensed / exempted from licensing)
- Fintech companies that are registered with the Singapore Fintech Association
Your company will pay the course fees minus the funding support. For example, if you are eligible for 90% funding support, the company will be paying S$280.50 nett for company-sponsored participants.
Eligible companies will further be able to claim the remaining course fees after funding with the Training Allowance Grant (TAG) (S$10/hour of eligible training and assessment hours).
Are there any pre-requisites for this course?
This program is suitable for beginners with no pre-requisites.
Is there a digital marketing certificate granted at the end of the course?
Upon successful completion of this IBF-accredited course, participants will be awarded a digital marketing certification recognized by employers in Singapore. VI alumni use their course certificate to demonstrate skills to employers and their LinkedIn network.
Our programmes are well-regarded by top companies, who contribute to our curriculum and use our courses to train their own teams.
What if I cannot attend a class?
If you miss a lesson, you are allowed to attend a makeup class. This would be the corresponding class of another intake that same week, subject to availability. If you cannot make it for the makeup class, then you can simply watch the recorded lesson video.
Your attendance is only counted if you attend a makeup class.